Thursday, February 12, 2009

ValentinePurse


I found this little activity in Family Fun Magazine, although theirs was a lot better. Today is a very rainy day,(as you can tell, she's still in her jammies) so we will do another activity later. Now Riley has a place to put the Valentines she got from friends and Grandparents, then later use the purse for dress up.






the materials are:

Felt ( I think it was 27 cents a square at Michaels)
Scissors
Whole punch
Ribbon or Yarn
Simply poke holes in both hearts in the same spots, then loop your ribbon through. Use the excess ribbon to make a handle for the purse and tie in a knot at the top.
( Great activity for developing their fine motor skills)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I just happened across your blog and found it facinating and... slightly strange... only in the fact that my name is Jamie and my 18 month olds name is Riley! I know she will love doing the Valentine project you posted about. I am glad I stopped in here :)