Wednesday, June 2, 2010

All About Hands


This takes about 5-10 minutes, and my kids loved it, I was surprised at how attentive they were.
I started by singing a little song we heard at the library:

I have ten little fingers and they all belong to me
I can make them do things, just you watch and see!
I can open them wide, I can shut them up tight
I can put them together, I can make them hide!
I can raise them up high, I can bring them down low
I can fold them together and place them just so. (in their lap)
(you could also do, where is thumbkin)


Then I had them count all their fingers.
Then I asked them questions about what kinds of things they do with their hands. It was really cute to hear their answers!

Next,get into your stash of colored construction paper (if you don't have any, go buy some, in BULK!)

Let them choose a color, trace their hands, then let them color them in.
Don"t forget to have them write their name at the top, or use this opportunity to teach them.

On another day do the same thing, but: All About Feet



I hung them up on the door out to our garage, and they loved putting their hands up on them and talking about who's hands were bigger or smaller.

No comments: