Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Paper Plate Feelings

You gotta love paper plates. So many art projects come home from school , made from paper plates.

Well, here's another!
1. Draw some faces with different facial expressions on paper plates. You don't have to be an artist - look at mine.
2. Read a book about feelings. I had this one:
(I wish I had this book : The Way I Feel by Janan Cain, I thought I did, but I didn't)
3. Show the kids each paper plate, and ask what the feeling is, then ask them what makes them feel that way. Have them make their own faces too!
For example: What is something that makes you happy? Her answer: Horses
What is something that makes you sad? Her answer: Time Outs
(My 2 year old just copied everything Ri said, but no worries, she'll get there one day)
4. Then, let them pick a plate and put it on their face, and have them act out the feeling.


We really liked this activity, we all laughed when everyone was making their "feelings faces"

No comments: